Sustainable and environmentally-sound tourism industry in Laguna
Laguna University is dedicated in developing, transforming and producing competent, committed and compassionate leaders in tourism industry for the service of the nation and the global community.
The BS Tourism Management program aims to:
- Provide the students with the supervisory skills and competencies necessary to meet the needs of the ever-demanding tourism industry.
- Develop students’ critical thinking and refine their analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Provide students with the skills needed to use a computerized reservation system.
- Provide a broad understanding of the basic principles of management relate to tourism industry.
Graduates of BS Tourism Management program should be able to:
- Perform work activities effectively and efficiently to the standards expected in the operation required in the tourism industry.
- Undertake tasks, functions, duties and activities in the operation of the hotels, restaurants, travel, government and non- government agencies in accordance with the company standards.
- Analyze situation, identifies problems, formulate solutions and implements corrective and/or mitigating actions on tourism industry issues, impacts and trends at a local and global level to tourism management scenarios.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership, communication, finance, technology, marketing and sales, human resources, primary and secondary research, and adaptability to change in a tourism industry context.
- Evaluate and use appropriate and effective cross-cultural communication strategies to diverse audiences using a variety of techniques in a tourism industry context.