The Department of Information Technology envisions to be recognized as a centre of ICT education with graduates who are equipped with relevant and globally knowledge and skills in the Asia-Pacific Region.
The Department of Information Technology shall produce academically-prepared and competent IT professionals, technically-skilled individual who are prepared to adopt in the rapidly changing and complex technological society.
- To produce proficient, competent, and committed individuals equipped with the knowledge, skills, and ethical values called for by the IT profession;
- To develop fully the students intellect and physical capabilities for productivity and social usefulness in IT; and
- To produce research, and service-oriented graduates in the field of information and communication technology.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, the student can perform the following:
• Design and develop software solutions for contemporary business environments by employing appropriate problem solving strategies.
• Comprehend and resolve common desktop and business analytics issues.
• Analyze common business functions and identify, design, and develop appropriate information technology solutions (in web, desktop, network, and/or database applications).
• Learn future technologies through acquired foundational skills and knowledge and employ them in new business environments.
• Practice communication, problem solving and decision-making skills through the use of appropriate technology and with the understanding of the business environment.