Our vision is to produce competent graduates with a thorough understanding of the discipline of communication within the context of man’s cultural and historical heritage in an increasingly diverse and interactive age.
Our mission is to produce effective and ethical communication professional who can contribute to the needs and welfare of the media, private and public organization, as well as of the society in general.
Through a blend of theory and practice, the department prepares the students:
(1) To think, speak, and write effectively;
(2) To develop critical, creative, and independent thinking skills with knowledge in handling current issues;
(3) To develop confidence and ability as ethical communicators;
(4) To view communication events from multiple perspectives;
(5) To explain the multicultural character of communication in contemporary society;
(6) To probe the basic problems of human communication in order to understand oneself, Others, and events; and
(7) To recognize the connections between communication studies and other discipline.
Graduates of Bachelor of Arts in Communication must have the following competencies;
(1) Define and access information needs; asses and organize information and knowledge, produce, share and utilize information and knowledge;
(2) Communicate in different formats and platform(print, broadcast, and online);
(3) Prepare communication/media plan;
(4) Conduct communication and media research and evaluation;
(5) Develop and produce communication materials in different formats and platforms;
(6) Demonstrate communication management and leadership skills;
(7) Develop entrepreneurial capabilities;
(8) Adhere to ethical standards and practices;
(9) Know and practice rights and responsibilities and accountabilities in the communication profession;
(10) Demonstrate a development orientation in communication work;
(11) Apply communication theories/models, principles, practices, and tools in development work.